Alpha One access is required in order to log into the Intrepid Launcher. During testing, servers will need to be unlocked for you to sign in and patch the game. To see when servers are unlocked for downloading and to get the latest launcher file, follow the instructions here.
After signing into the Intrepid Launcher, the installation or patching process will start immediately.
- Repair: This function will fix issues with the game data files. Repairing is useful if you are getting crashes related to corrupt data files, or if you get a specific error when patching that prompts you to run a repair. The Repair process will check the integrity of the game files and download any parts of files that do not pass that integrity check.
- Restore: This function will remove all game files and start a fresh download of the most recent version of the files. Restoring is useful if you are having issues with the speed of patching, specifically the process of applying changes. Sometimes when there is a large patch or you haven’t patched for a while, it can be faster to download the most recent complete version of the game as opposed to downloading all the patch files and then going through the process of applying those patches to the existing game files.
- Uninstall: This function will remove all game files, leaving the Launcher untouched. Uninstalling is useful if you want to change the location of the game’s installation directory, or if you just want to uninstall the game without affecting the Launcher. The Launcher and the game files can be uninstalled together from Windows Apps & Features.
- Known Issues: This will link you to the Alpha One forums so that you can see what the current known issues are in the most recent game build. If you have Alpha One access but receive a permission error when trying to access this link, please make sure you’ve logged into the forums first.
- Server Status: This function is still a work in progress.
- Merge Progress: This bar tracks the progress of each individual file as it is patched to the latest version. For smaller files, the bar will fill up very quickly, and then reset for the next file. For larger files, the bar will take longer to fill as the file is updated to the most recent version.
- Download Progress: This bar tracks the overall progress of the total download component of the patch. This bar, and the speed at which the files download will update as files are actively being downloaded. As each individual file is done being downloaded and written to your hard drive, this bar will stop progressing until the next file needs to be downloaded.
- Applied Changes Progress: This bar tracks the overall progress of files that are being installed or patched, and will list the file that is currently being written, patched, and[or] checked for integrity. This bar may appear to stop when a large file is being processed.
There may be a situation were you need to start the Launcher in the Repair or Restore mode. You can force this to happen by changing a command line parameter.
- Right click on the desktop shortcut for Intrepid Studios Launcher and select Properties
- Click on the Shortcut tab
- At the very end of the Target line, after the last quotation, put in a space then the following for which mode you want to start in
- Click on Apply and then OK
- To start the Launcher with this command line parameter enabled, right click on the shortcut again and choose Run As Administrator
If you have any issues with installing or patching the game client for the Ashes of Creation Alpha testing, please contact our support team for further assistance.